Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Organic in New York

Have you ever spent $10 on a fresh juice? The most I've spent is $4.75 for a freshly pressed juice with organic fruit at Mother's Market. I couldn't believe when I set a 16oz bottle of One Lucky Duck juice on the counter and the cashier happily said, "Ten dollars please." I looked at my boyfriend, since he was offering to pay for food that day, and watched him silently suffer the handover of his debit card. After that moment, it will be forever known as The Juice Incident. 


If you've read any of my other blogs, you know that I press my own fresh organic juice. And I can buy a whole weeks worth of fruit for ten dollars. Where was I you may ask. Chelsea Market, New York. After watching The Next Food Network Star competition there, I HAD to visit. Two of the contestants reported about the Bar Suzette Creperîe and described how it could have been the best thing they ever ate. I ordered up a vegan lentil wrap filled with hummus, fresh greens, veggies, and truffle oil to top it off. De-lic-ious! Yummy. Mmm... All for $9. And the best part was I got to watch them make it all from scratch: the crepe batter, the hummus, the wrap on the special pan. Fun and Yummy.. Fummy! 

Next up was inspired by Bethenny Frankel's Food Crawl blog, that explained the Best Brownie Ever at Fat Witch, conveniently located in Chelsea Market. I bought a gift bag of these Baby brownies for my boyfriends parents hospitality gift. They reported back that they were luscious as described. The bag included a mix of regular, walnut, and blonde brownies each for a different member of the family. 
 
Stay tuned for more photos and fun from my East Coast Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment