Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Getting There


Whoever told you being fit was easy lied.  Recipes for healthy food can be easy. Working out can be fun. But getting from Point A of "I don't like how I look" to Point B of "Wow, I'm proud of this body." is a hard journey. I'm still on it.

After 3 months of working out in various ways, trying multiple workouts, I wasn't getting the results I wanted. My arms and legs were responding, but my mid section was not. I started to cut my calorie intake to about 800 calories and burning about 600 calories a day. I figured I would get skinny and fit in a sinch...WRONG. Over-stressing your body will make it hold on so strong that you'll cry in frustration and wonder how the HECK is it not whittling away.

Well, I gave in. I let up. I stopped working SO hard (burning 400-600 calories per day) and started eating more (1500-1800 calories per day). And guess what happened!? My pooch started disappearing. My confidence started going up. I realized, like all things in life, you have to balance hard work and good food. Eat lots of grilled veggies, drink lots of water, and indulge in a bagel before doing super hard cardio. I'm on my way to an after picture for you, even though I don't like the title "After Picture." I think it should be called "Current Picture" because if you name something after it gives you the idea you've stopped. I'm not stopping. I'm forming a daily habit. Even on my upcoming getaway, I plan on working out at least an hour a day.

It's officially like sleeping; I need it or else I don't feel right.


No comments:

Post a Comment