Okay, first off I have to say, I. love. hummus! I would spend $4.59 on two tiny containers of organic hummus almost every single week...until now. Today I made a simple hummus with just a can of chick peas and some lemon juice. It is vegan, raw, and delicious! I could have eaten the entire container, but I held back because I didn't have another can in the cupboard to replace it. Here is the simple solution to a usually expensive addiction of mine.
1 can Garbanzo Beans (Organic if possible)
Cayenne (If you like it hot)
I made mine in my Omega Juicer, but you can use a blender, hand mixer, or a potato masher! Anything you've got on hand to mash these beans will work.
No Equipment Method
Mash the beans until they reach a creamy consistency. Add in a dash of lemon juice, olive oil, and your favorite spices. Use on anything you love or just spoon it into your mouth.
- Dice and stir in some roasted peppers (Roasted Red Pepper Hummus)
- --->They sell a jar of roasted red peppers at most grocery stores.
- Bake a head of peeled garlic in foil in the toaster oven until soft and stir in.
- Use on sandwiches instead of mayonnaise
- Use on tacos at topping
- Top tortilla soup with a dollop