What You Need
16 oz (1 bag) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1/2 cup light mayonaise
3/4 cup Tofutti sour cream
1 slice lemon, seeded and peeled
2 cloves garlic, peeled
Dash of salt and pepper
Makes about 2 cups
What You Do
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Thaw your spinach on the counter or in the microwave on defrost for 5 minutes.
- Drain in a strainer, pushing down with a paper towel to get all the excess liquid out.
- Place all ingredients in the Vitamix and turn to variable 1 for 15 seconds.
- Turn to variable 4 and use tamper to mix everything together.
- After all is mixed and creamy, about 3 minutes, take out and pour into a baking dish.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Butter all bread slices with Earth Balance.
- Top with garlic pepper and paprika for garlic bread.
- Top with rosemary and paprika for rosemary bread.
Suggestions: oregano, dill, basil
What is your favorite appetizer during the holidays?