Saturday, October 15, 2011

Cookies N' Cream Milkshake

I love cookies n' cream ice cream. I used to read this blog called Chocolate Covered Katie that would have almost every recipe use her Vitamix, so I went back to it after I got mine. The reason I left it  was because the recipes looked beautiful but never came out tasting good. It was very...off. So I thought I'd give it a chance one more time. 
I looked up her ice cream recipes and it said to freeze almond milk in a shallow dish with a little sweetener, then pop the blocks in the vitamix and you will have ice cream. This is false information. This gives you an iced milk, which is extremely icy and doesn't even ball up and get creamy like ice cream.

I had to take matters into my own hands. I froze soy milk, coconut yogurt, boxed coconut milk, and agave in a glass ziploc dish. Two days later I popped that in my vitamix with a couple teaspoons of guar gum (a natural thickener) and it came out soooo good! It was definitely oh-my-gosh good. I added in 6 Peanut Butter Newman-O's to kick it into over drive. I could have just eaten it with a spoon, but Mr. Organnix wanted a milkshake, so I added in extra coconut milk and gave it a whirl. We both enjoyed our desserts with a straw and cookie on top. :)

I didn't measure out anything so I can't give you a recipe just yet. I will be making this again soon and adjusting things here and there, so a recipe is on it's way. I started this by trying to make vanilla ice cream...but then got all Nixie on it and turned it crazy. haha.

If you have a vitamix or ice cream maker, I would suggest having some fun and experimenting with different frozen milks! The experience and end product are very rewarding.

Question!
What is your favorite ice cream or milkshake flavor?


No comments:

Post a Comment