Thursday, January 12, 2012

What Do Vegans Eat, Chapter 2




Dinner: Trader Joe's Veggie Gyoza, Sprouted corn quesadilla with Daiya and Green Onions

Dessert: Coconut milk, strawberries, mangos blended with chocolate chips on top

Breakfast/Pre-workout: Berry Slim Juvo, Strawberries, Mango, Pineapple, Ice, and Almond milk



Breakfast/Pre-workout: A serving of orange flavored Amazing Grass, with tons of good stuff in it!
Lunch/Dinner: Tempeh Tacos on Sprouted corn tortilla

Green Onion Carrot Soup
 I was craving carrot soup and knew my Vitamix would make things easy, so I decided to make it today for brunch.
Chop

Saute

Make a broth

Add in silken tofu and spice

Blend veggies, broth, and spices 




Top with Kale 
Enjoy with crackers and Earth Balance!

(Almost)Fat-Free Single-Serving CUPcake 

Carrot Soup Ingredients
  • Half bag of baby Carrots
  • 2 Green onion stalks
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1/3 cup silken tofu 
  • 2 cups veggie broth 
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
Single Serving Cake Ingredients

I have to give credit to Vegan Heartland for making up this recipe, but I changed it up today to fit my tastes and diet. :) 
  • 6 tbsp all purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 4 tbsp apple sauce
  • 3 tbsp non-dairy milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • Half handful of chocolate chips (about 10, leave these out if you want to keep it fat-free)
Mix everything in a coffee mug and microwave for 3 minutes. 

I love frosting on my cake and, well, can't really eat it without it so I made this: 
  • 1 tbsp Whipped Earth Balance Spread 
  • 3 tbsp powdered sugar
  • 1/8 tsp vanilla 


If you don't want it to melt on your cake like you see above, wait for it to cool. If you're like me and want it NOW, then dollop it on and dig in. Beware though! It will burn your tongue if you don't blow on it! 

So what do vegans eat? This is my diet for the past two days. Easy, healthy, meals. I forgot to throw in a Luna Bar I had while out shopping yesterday, so count that in too. Taking pictures of my food not only documents what I'm eating, but shows other people that vegans eat yummy stuff too.

As you can see above, I don't really eat Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. More like a brunch, linner, and dessert...or a pre-workout shake and a meal later. Today I had the carrot soup, crackers, and cake. I may snack on some sugar snap peas later, but that will be the end of my meals today. Hope you are enjoying this as much as I am! 


Edit: Jan.22.2012: I made the mug cake again today. I used a half packet of stevia instead of the sugar, 2 Tbsp apple sauce, and a 1/4 of a banana. I sprinkled 1 Tbsp of chocolate chips on top after it was done and put the frosting on top of that. So yummy! Chocolate-banana flavor mmm! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks incredible. The soup looks fantastic, not at all what I expected. Great job!

    ReplyDelete