Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What Do You Eat?

When I tell a friend or family member that I am vegan I usually get the question, "What do you eat then?" It amazes me how little the general population knows about food and exactly how much of it is in fact vegan. I say I eat everything the earth makes, everything grown from the ground. All the un-boxed, unprocessed, fresh produce, whole grains, nut milks and cheeses; some special products like Daiya cheese and Gardein meats, if I'm ever in the mood. Most don't understand this and will ask things like, so do you eat bread? Do you eat peanut butter? What do you have for dinner.

These questions have inspired me to take photos of my daily meals and drinks/shakes to show exactly what a vegan noshes on. This will be a series of unprofessional, non-set up meals that I eat everyday. So don't mind the pictures, as they will not be food-styled, correct lighting, or edited. Just straight up, the answer to your question of, "What do you eat?"

Quinoa- Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

Maple Drizzled Tempeh (Tastes like bacon bits!) 
Frozen banana, mango, pineapple, strawberries + Can of coconut milk =

Good enough for breakfast, Sweet enough for dessert


Silken tofu, Kale, Green Onions, Daiya Cheddar= Scrambled Cheezy "Eggs"



Yellow Miso, Silken Tofu, Green Onions, Soy Wrap



It was so good for breakfast, I made more for dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment