Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Vegas and Vega


Our awesome room 

Our awesome view

My photo skills

The Bellagio fountain exploding 

All dolled up for the show "O"

More photo skills

The best bar in Vegas: Chandelier at Cosmo

A Giant Woman's Steam-Punk Heel

The Wynn's entrance

The best Vegan Cake - Black Forest @ SW (Steve Wynn Steakhouse)

I had a blast! I drank lots (although probably not nearly enough for Vegas), partied sorta-kinda-hard, and had amazing food at the Wynn. Steve Wynn, the creator/owner of Wynn and Encore (and many other amazing things) is vegan so he has a vegan menu at all his nice restaurants. I was able to eat mushroom croquettes for an appetizer, an amazing veggie risotto, and even had my own vegan butter for my bread! AH! I wish I had one of these near my place :( even though my wallet would die if I did. 

We were so stuffed the first night that we couldn't eat dessert. So we came back another night just for it. Haha. Dessert may be $20 a plate at a steakhouse, but you know what? It was worth it. =] I was delighted, satisfied, and joyed by the food and atmosphere. 

Once we got home though, we realized we would have liked to see Fremont Street and old Vegas. Maybe another trip is in store for us. Though I must admit, by the last day there, I was thinking to myself,"Get me the hell out of this place!" That may have been because of the influx of the NASCAR crowd though.  

What do I miss? Besides being on a vacation and giving myself excuses to splurge on food and drinks, the Cosmopolitan's gym! Oh.My.Gymness, that gym was awe-some. So big. So fun. So nice. It even has a boxing ring. Downfall? $20 a day pass. 

Today: back home and back to my cleansing and exercising. My wonderful, amazing, open-minded boyfriend has decided to do the 3-day Vega journey with me! I'm stoked. We've been practicing making yummy salads to make these next 3 days go over easily. The following is a plan I've made for the cleanse, edited from a BeachBody Shakeology routine.

We are using "VegaOne Vanilla Chai" for the shakes, grilled chicken for his salads, and Gardein chick'n tenders for mine. I've filled the fridge and counter with fruits and veggies for snacking and am ready to tackle my last few inches! I'm really excited because I did this before leaving to Vegas, and I felt and saw the fast results. So now I'm  going to do it for 3 days (Wed-Fri) take St. Patty's off, workout on Sunday, and go back to it for Mon-Wed. So in a week, I'll  have done it for 6 days, hopefully breaking through this layer of stomach fat and breaking out my abdominals! If it happens, I might show you a before/after pic. We'll see.

If you want to join me or do it yourself, please let me know! I'll offer all the advice and support I can. 

Tips:
  • Use Trader Joes "Just Grilled Chicken" in the frozen aisle to make salads quick and easy.
  • Buy all organic produce. If you can't afford it, use a little dish soap to clean regular produce.
  • Get bottled green tea so its an easy access drink. (Trader Joe's has flavored 0 calorie ones!)
  • You can buy Vega online through the link I provided and get free shipping, or if you have a local GNC or VitaminShoppe, it's the same price to pick up. 



Jump start fitness. Break a weight plateau. Shed pounds fast and effectively in a healthy manner. 

NO EXTRA SUGARS
NO DAIRY PRODUCTS
(for maximum results, no almond, soy, or rice milk)
LOW FAT DRESSINGS (I suggest olive oil and rice vinegar, or hummus and rice vinegar)


BREAKFAST:
1 Shake (140 calories)
½ cup of fruit (60-90 calories) (optional)
1 cup of green tea or a Detox Tea

SNACK: (85 calories) (optional)
1 piece of fruit - Apple, pear, orange,
banana mango, etc.

LUNCH:
1 Shake(140 calories)
1 cup of green tea or a Detox Tea

SNACK: (you can have this either
before or after dinner)
1 Shake (140 calories)

DINNER:
Salad with grilled poultry, or vegan meat (Gardein or Tofu)
(roughly 340 calories)


**Remember working out should be done at a minimum, and you should consume an ounce of water per pound of body weight. Water will help flush out toxins. **


120lbs=15 cups
160lbs=20 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment